Appointment Safety Guidelines
Our office is back to serving our community on May 6th, 2020!
This has been a tough time for a lot of people. We are in the same storm but not all in the same boat. Some families have been directly affected by this crisis and our hearts go out to those families. We have all been patiently waiting to get back to whatever the new normal will be. We hope you and your family are well during these challenging times.
Our office has always adhered to the “Universal Standards of Precautions” outlined by the CDC and has now aligned our office with the new recommended standards related to Covid-19. We are following ADA guidelines for the safety of our patients and staff. We are doing what we can to minimize the risks associated with this virus.
We have new protocols for upcoming appointments:
- For patients over the age of 65 or in a high risk category, we recommend that you consult your physician prior to your appointment.
- For the time being will we likely not appoint patients who are at high risk for severe illness due to COVID-19. These health risks include: people of all ages with underlying health conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including:
- chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- serious heart conditions
- immunocompromised (cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids, and other immune weakening medications)
- severe obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
- chronic kidney disease and undergoing dialysis, and liver disease.
- We love our patients and normally there are plenty of hugs and handshakes. Please do not take it personally if we do not greet you this way. Our staff has been instructed to refrain from it.
- All staff members will be equipped with high quality PPE so we may look a little different the next time you see us.
- We have added 8 UV light filtration systems to our HVAC.
- There may be other protocols and safety measures not listed or that will be added soon. This is uncharted territory for all of us.
Please be patient with our team while we transition into what may be the new norm. Despite the new steps and protocols we will continue to provide you with great dental care and a pleasant experience. The outfits may be different but our amazing team has not changed.
We really look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Brent Stiehl and the Stiehl Dental family